Dryer Vent Cleaning
At 1Clean Air, we are concerned about your security. Cleaning the lint of the dryer vent is really important. The consumer Product Safety Comission reports that over 15,000 fires each year in North America caused by lint built up in dryer vent. We ALWAYS recommend to clean your dryer vent on a yearly basis because it will reduce the risk of having a dryer fire in your home!
Keep your family safe and clean it ANNUALLY.
Here are some tell tale signs that you may your need dryer vent cleaned
- The dryer is producing heat, but the time it takes to dry clothes takes long and longer
- When a cycle is finished the clothes are still damp
- After a cycle is complete the clothes are noticeable hotter than usual
- The outdoor flapper on vent hood remains closed when the dryer is running
How to prevent dryer fires
- Clean the lint screen/filter before or after drying each load of clothes.
- Make sure the dryer duct is made of solid metallic material. Both vinyl and foil are combustible and spiral-wound surfaces tend to catch lint more readily
- Remember not to store combustible materials near the dryer.
- Don't dry items stained with combustible fluids like gasoline or furniture polish.
- Make sure your exhaust vent flaps open’s when the dryer in function.
- Minimize the length of the exhaust duct. (Lengths should not exceed 25 feet and if for any reason it is not possible, you can install a dryer duct booster)
- 4-inch diameter vent pipe and exterior exhaust hood which offer the least resistance to air flow.
- Don’t kink or crush the dryer duct to make up for installation in tight quarters because it restricts airflow.
Laundry rooms is a fire risk. We can help you !
Let us inspect your laundry room and we could determine if whether or not you are safe when using the dryer. We have certified technicians that can examine your dryer machine, length of the exhaust duct and if your laundry room is secure.
- Always have a fire alarm
- Fire extinctor
- Lint Alert Technology
Related services offered with dryer vent cleaning
Bird’s Nest Removal
A nest in your dryer vent can cause your dryer to work extra hard, it will cause lint to build up in the vent and deep inside your dryer, and your clothes will take longer to dry.
Our bird's nest removal is a unique service using a special tool and flexible rods, to remove all nest easily. We love all animals but they have their place and we have ours, if we can relocate the nest we will.
Dryer Vent Exhaust
Its common to fin an exhaust termination hood or vent is not specifically for dryer vent or sort of grill catching lint. Dryer exhaust hood require an inspection and regular cleaning.